In January 1998, Jerome Handler donated four boxes of notes and other research materials to the Barbados Department of Archives. These boxes contain a variety of materials relevant to Handler’s dissertation research in Chalky Mount, St. Andrew in the early 1960s, archaeological research at Newton Plantation slave cemetery in the early 1970s, and miscellaneous other research projects relating to Barbados early history and slavery. For the itemized list of the notes and other research materials, click here.
- This website brings together a selected list of my publications which have appeared since the early 1960s in widely scattered sources. These publications treat a variety of topics dealing with slavery in Barbados and the Atlantic World as well as some aspects of production activities in modern rural Barbados.
- American Civil War
- Amerindians in Barbados
- Archives Department, Barbados
- Atlantic Slavery and the Slave Trade
- Barbados History and Society: Bibliographic and Miscellany
- Biological Anthropology of Enslaved Barbadians
- Early Foreign Travel Accounts of Barbados
- Ph.D. Dissertation 1965
- Slavery and Slave Life in Barbados
- Slavery and Slave Life: Archaeological Studies
- Sugar, Arrowroot, and Pottery Production