- This website brings together a selected list of my publications which have appeared since the early 1960s in widely scattered sources. These publications treat a variety of topics dealing with slavery in Barbados and the Atlantic World as well as some aspects of production activities in modern rural Barbados.
- American Civil War
- Amerindians in Barbados
- Archives Department, Barbados
- Atlantic Slavery and the Slave Trade
- Barbados History and Society: Bibliographic and Miscellany
- Biological Anthropology of Enslaved Barbadians
- Early Foreign Travel Accounts of Barbados
- Ph.D. Dissertation 1965
- Slavery and Slave Life in Barbados
- Slavery and Slave Life: Archaeological Studies
- Sugar, Arrowroot, and Pottery Production
Tag Archives: mortuary patterns
The Mortuary Patterns of Plantation Slaves
“The Mortuary Patterns of Plantation Slaves,” in Jerome S. Handler and Frederick W. Lange, Plantation Slavery in Barbados: An Archaeological and Historical Investigation (Harvard University Press, 1978; reprinted 1999), Chapter 6, pp. 171-215.
Posted in Slavery and Slave Life: Archaeological Studies Tagged mortuary patterns Comments Off on The Mortuary Patterns of Plantation Slaves